The GlobeSmart Learning Platform consists of several site components:
- React-based Dashboard
- React-based GlobeSmart Profile
- Drupal-based Culture Guides
- Articulate Rise-based Learning Modules
- PHP-based Assessments
Note: Organizations may use some or all of these components as part of their GlobeSmart Enterprise license.
Our development team uses WCAG 2.0 guidelines to ensure elements of the GlobeSmart Platform meet a minimum of AA level compliance.
Colors used throughout the GlobeSmart Learning Platform meet at least a 4.5:1 contrast ratio against a white background.
All images used throughout the site include alt text and are supplementary in nature.
The GlobeSmart Learning Platform has no font/zoom functions, but will respond to a browser's zoom controls.
At this time, the GlobeSmart Learning Platform has not been audited for compliance with an accessibility standard for the purposes of certification by any outside authority.
The GlobeSmart Dashboard is a page from where all GlobeSmart applications are launched. Color is not required to understand any feature of the Dashboard. Tab navigation is supported for all elements on the Dashboard. Tab navigation allows the user to bypass general site menus and navigation and skip to the main content of each page if they so choose.
The 40-item GlobeSmart Profile survey is navigable without relying a mouse. There is no time limit for completing the survey.
Color is not a required attribute for use of the GlobeSmart Profile. Where color is used in Profile comparisons, it is supplemented by text and avatars with dotted lines connecting each item to its profile, allowing the chart to be understandable even in black and white.
There are no audio components that are required to make use of the GlobeSmart Profile. While there are videos available that demonstrate cultural dimensions, these videos have captions and are supplementary in nature.
While the profile is a graphical representation on a visual chart, the user's profile is accessible and described in other ways:
- The About My Profile section includes text describing the user's placement on each dimension and the placement's meaning
- The code for the chart includes the user's placement on each dimension as a percentage
All elements of the GlobeSmart Profile are navigable by tab, including the survey, About My Profile, creating comparisons, and viewing advice. Tab navigation allows the user to bypass general site menus and navigation and skip to the main content of each page if they so choose.
Culture Guides include detailed reference information on doing business in over 95 cultures. The section is built on a Drupal-based content management system. Pages consist mainly of text, but also include graphics, images, and videos.
- All sections and pages are navigable without a mouse, including controls for video players. Tab navigation allows the user to bypass general site menus and navigation and skip to the main content of each page if they so choose.
- All videos include captioning.
- All graphics and images include alt text and are supplementary in nature.
There are three areas of the Culture Guides that are not navigable by tab. These include: the Ask an Expert form; the Culture Guide Quizzes, and the Case Studies.
- Ask an Expert is a form where GlobeSmart users may submit questions to a team of cultural experts. This form is only accessible with a mouse; however the existing questions and answers from other users are posted on the site and are accessible with tab navigation.
- Culture Guide Quizzes are interactive quizzes that require mouse navigation to launch. These quizzes are voluntary knowledge checks on the site's content and are not required learning.
- Case Studies are interactive, scenario-based learning that require mouse navigation to launch. Case Studies are voluntary knowledge checks on the site's content and are not required learning.
Learning Modules include interactive, track-based learning in a course-like structure. Learning Modules are built on Articulate Rise course-building software and include text, graphics, images, videos, and audio.
- All sections and pages are navigable without a mouse, including controls for video players and interactive quiz-based elements.
- All videos include captioning and audio clips include a text-based alternative.
- All graphics and images include alt text.
Aperian Global Assessments include interactive surveys where users respond to questions and receive reports and scores based on their answers. Assessments are built on a custom PHP-based platform.
There are no time restrictions for completing any of the assessments or accessing the reports. The assessment questions are entirely text based and respond to screen readers.
Color is not a required attribute for use of the Assessments. Where color is used in Assessment reports, it is supplemented by text and other elements that allow the reports to be understandable even in black and white. Graphics are supplementary in nature.
Most areas of the Assessments are navigable without a mouse. The assessments themselves are navigable using tab and other keyboard functions. There are certain navigation elements and administrative functions that require the use of a mouse to navigate.